Monday, May 31, 2010

Bliss

Wish I was like my six-year-old student Anshul. And, not have an exact sense of time, and distance.
His mum has left for Amsterdam, yesterday, for three months.
He doesn't understand that Amsterdam is a different country altogether, far away. For that matter, he still doesn't understand the concept of countries and places. For him, his birth-town Bangalore is the name of an amusement park in Kolkata.
Amsterdam, is the name of the new office that Mamma has joined.
And three months is hundred hours. Hundred is the largest possible number for him. So, Mamma has to work for many, many hours in this office. How many? Hundred.
Now I know what they meant by "Illiteracy is bliss."
Wish I didn't know how to measure time and distance. Or do I?

No comments:

Post a Comment

prediction(s)